Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Life Is All About...

Do you ever have days that you miss someone so much that it hurts? Today is that day for me. About 10 months ago my precious Grandmother passed away. She was the most elegant, classy, lovely, kind, compassionate, and Godly woman I have ever met. She exuded Christ in ALL that she did...I have never met anyone like her. Grandmother played a huge role in my life growing up and I am beyond thankful for the 23 years that I had with her. However, today I am having a harder time looking to the good times we had and am instead feeling burdened with missing her. My family has been through so many big milestones over the past two years and anytime that I sit and reflect on those years I find myself craving a conversation with Grandmother. She had such a beautiful way of listening, talking, and sharing wisdom - I need that right now. I praise God that she was able to be at both mine and Melanie's wedding. Even though she was very confused at my wedding, she was there and I was able to celebrate a very special day with her which meant the world to me. Her love for her family was such an example to me and as I watch my family now welcome Abby into this world I am constantly reminded and reassured of the example that Grandmother was to each of us. She was truly a blessing - a huge blessing - in my life and I praise God for the time that we had together. Pain is to be expected, sadness is sure to come and go, but more than that is the rejoicing that comes in knowing that she is finally home with her Father whom she spent her entire life devoted to. What an amazing thought that she is worshiping at the feet of the God she always told me about and the God who is now my personal Lord and Savior. What a beautiful picture. Here is a picture of my Grandmother and the love of her life, my Dabado :)

Abby is continuing to do well and is just as gorgeous as ever! I love that we live only 5 minutes away from Melanie and Reynolds and therefore get to see our little niece very often. It is in times like this, when I am thinking about my Grandmother and Abby at the same time that I am reminded of what life is all about. I think about my Grandmother in her last days who although she was unable to articulate much or make sense of much, she always took time to pray - blessings for her food, prayers for her family, and thanksgiving for all the ways God had blessed her life. It was truly inspirational to watch. Her life was completely devoted to loving God and sharing His love with everyone she came in contact with. And then I look at precious little Abby who is just beginning her life here on earth. She has her whole life ahead of her - such a journey to go through. It is exciting to think about because she has incredible parents who deeply love the Lord and desire nothing more than for their daughter to live a life devoted to Christ and furthering His Kingdom. For that is what we are here for...that is our purpose. To bring glory to God and to make His name and His love known throughout the nations. Grandmother made that her life goal, and it is my prayer that my life can mirror that and be an example to little Abby as she grows as a daughter of Christ.

Here are more of the pictures that I tried to upload last time...








No comments: